Heerlijk avondje is gekomen

For the Dutchies: Fijn Heerlijk Avondje!!

Simple recipe for Pepernotencake: 

What you need:
Instant Cakemix
Ingredients named on box of Instant Cakemix (usually butter, sugar, eggs, milk)
Big hand full of Pepernoten
4 el Koek- en Speculaaskruiden

What you do:
Preheat oven at 160 degrees Celsius
Mix all ingredients named on the box plus koek- en speculaaskruiden
Add the pepernoten and mix gently through the batter
Bake for about 70 minutes



 The little saucer I inherited from my grandmother (just wanted to show something from her). 

~*~
This is what I made with my daughter to pack the little present she had for her classmate for Sinterklaas. It's called 'De surprise' around here.

 
Not very original, because all the boys in the class of my daughter play soccer, so there were made lots of 'surprises' that had anything to do with soccer.
When my daughter told me she wanted to make a football, I thought 'Oke, that's easy and not too time consuming'.
Wrong, totally wrong thought. Making the ball wasn't very difficult, with a balloon and paper mache. Drawing the sides on the other hand, took centuries. Who knew a football always has 32 sides, namely 12 pentagons and 20 hexagons? I didn't. And that there's a formula to calculate the size of each side's edge, did you know that? No, I didn't either. And that it's nerve wrecking to paint the sides in a way they more or less all have the same size on a not perfect sphere (because made of balloon and paper mache)? Well, I know it now. Many times I wanted to kick the ball in a way Messi never could have matched up to, but after a fifth attempt I thought it was enough. It will be torn apart anyway to get the present out. What you see here, is its good side (on the backside is a dent where there was a piece cut out to place the present inside and was covered again with paper macher). So, my free tip for today: try your very, very best to change your childs mind if she wants you to make a football.  

Comments

  1. Great patience and perseverance to create the soccer ball!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Air Mail

Crochet Bag